List:       gphoto-devel
Subject:    [gphoto-devel] Sony F707V issues.
From:       Mark Krell <en4cerjoe () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-10-30 16:47:44

Working with the PTP driver and My Sony F707 I have
came across some issues. It seems that if you do
something "bad" (For lack of a better term, maybe
'unsupported') My F707 locks and doen not allow any
more PTP sessions until the camera is phyicaly shut
off and turned back on again. I'm trying to do a
remote capture, but something isn't very happy at all.
It seems that not all PTP cameras are created equal.
Some can capture, some can't, some use vender opcodes,
some don't. Sometimes, such as in the case with my
camera, the firmware doen't handle unsuppored features
very well and locks PTP.

I have included a debug dump ("out") of my camera
trying to to a capture. I also have another ("out2")
that is a dump attempt after the PTP has "locked".

If you wish, I can see what operations are locking the
PTP and wich ones are valid. (For example, getting a
picture from the memory stick works great, trying to
get a video locks it)

Dumps to follow

-Mark