List:       gphoto-devel
Subject:    [gphoto-devel] DC290 on USB
From:       Rene Horn <ndogg () geekhead ! org>
Date:       2001-10-20 19:50:28

Ok, I can get pictures off the camera using the cdp.py
(http://www.marblehorse.org/projects/documentation/kodak/cdp.py) Python
script, but not with gphoto2.  The following is what it all looks like:
hornr18~$ gphoto2 --camera "Kodak DC290" --port usb:/dev/dc2xx0 --summary
digita: user selected Kodak DC290
digita: Kodak DC290, Kodak DC220
digita: Kodak DC290, Kodak DC260
digita: Kodak DC290, Kodak DC265
digita: Kodak DC290, Kodak DC290
found 'Kodak DC290'
gp_port_usb_open: could not set config 1: Operation not permitted
error opening device
Couldn't open digita device
ERROR: Can not initialize the camera "Kodak DC290"
gPhoto2 reported the error 'Unspecified error'

I set the permissions to /dev/dc2xx0 to 0666 so that can't be the problem,
and it even happens as root, so I have no idea what's wrong with it.

Also, I did install this using the Debian packages.