List:       gphoto
Subject:    [gphoto] A Linux based photo album
From:       Bertie <bertie () wcl1 ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-02-24 12:12:41

My "Album System" is a set of shell scripts which manages the recurring
tasks involved in maintaining a photo album on the Web: Downloading from
the camera, generating an HTML document with a new or revised set of
thumbnails, and ftp-uploading to the Web site the album document plus
all new thumbnails and full size images.  I use it to maintain my own
page of family photos: www.wcl1.demon.co.uk/bertie/album.html .

In there, the thumbnail with the banner text 'Technical' is a link to a
document giving a detailed specification of the Album System, How to get
it, install it and use it.

My album system can incorporate extracting pictures from any digital
camera or a scanner. Specifically, it contains scripts to deal with the
Fujifilm FinePix40i and the Casio QV30. It recommends www.gphoto.org for
other models.