List:       gphoto
Subject:    [gphoto] Problem deleting last photo
From:       Orv Beach <w6bi () mindspring ! com>
Date:       2000-06-27 4:01:21

First off, let me say how GLAD I was to find gphoto, and to find that my
Kodak DC280 was supported!   A VERY cool app!

I got 0.4.3 working under serial no sweat.  After a bit of fumbling,
including upgrading to a more recent development kernel and reading the
USB Howto, I also have gphoto working under USB.

I've found only one problem, which is easily worked around.

When I tell gphoto to delete all the photos in the camera, it deletes
them until it gets to the very last one (which it calls number one; does
it delete them in reverse order?).  It then hangs.   Closing out gphoto,
I find that the file system on the Kodak's Compact Flash card is
corrupted.

As I said, it's easily worked around; you just reformat the CF card
using the camera's menu.  I just thought I'd mention it for sake of
completeness.

Looking forward to beating on xxx beta testing the 2.x release!

Orv
w6bi@mindspring.com