List:       gphoto
Subject:    Re: [gphoto] Difficulties connecting to ports
From:       "Scott." <scottf () scs ! unr ! edu>
Date:       2000-06-12 16:08:06

On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, root wrote:

> When trying to configure camera and select port, no matter which port I
> select, when I try to access camera Gphoto communicates with my modem.
> I've read the FAQ, but am not sure I understand. I'm quite new to linux
> so I don't get it all the time.
> Can anyone help with my problem with a simple to understand answer? A
> direct reply would be very much appreciated.

Daz,

do when you try serial port 1, 2, 3, or 4, it always communicates with
your modem? that's REALLY weird if that's the case! what is your serial
port setup? you have 2 external serial ports, correct? is it an internal
or external modem? how do you know it is accessing your modem?

Scott Fritzinger
New .sig coming soon!