List:       gphoto
Subject:    [gphoto] Olympus C3000Z USB upload bug with Gphoto 2.0 & 2.1
From:       CAULIER Gilles <caulier.gilles () free ! fr> (by way of CAULIER Gilles <caulier ! gille
Date:       2002-08-27 7:04:29

Hi gphoto-devel team,

I'm a French Linux guy. I work on translations Digikam project
(http://digikam.sourceforge.net), a KDE3 gphoto2 GUI.

I have a Olympus C-3000Z USB (64Mb RAM). It's work with Gphoto2.x correct=
ly
for :

- Download from camera to computer.
- Delete files under camera.

But I have a problem with the Upload from computer to camera. The C-3000Z
reject the uploading file (message from gphoto2).

I have tested the upload feature under Linux MDK 8.2 with :

- Linux kernel 2.4.18
- GTKAM 0.1
- Gphoto 2.0 & 2.1
- Digikam 0.5.1 (actual CVS version)

I have also tested this with Linux MDK 9.0 beta 4 (linux kernel 2.4.19). =
It's
always the same problem...

Nota : On the same computer (dual boot), under Windows 98 SP2 with Camedi=
master software, the USB upload run correctly !!!

Another problem : Gphoto2.x auto-detect my Olympus camera like a 'C-2000Z
 USB' model. Why ?

Please, can you help me ?

Regards
--