List:       gphoto
Subject:    Re: [gphoto] usb - there but not there again ?
From:       Scott Cuyle Fritzinger <scottf () med ! unr ! edu>
Date:       2001-11-29 17:39:25

> # /usr/local/bin/gphoto2 --auto-detect
> Modell                         Port
> Olympus C-2040Z                usb:
>
> so, if I want to see some of those files on my chip I do:
> # /usr/local/bin/gphoto2  --camera "Olympus C-2040Z" --port usb -L
> ERROR: The selected Port (>>usb:<<) cannot be found. Please enter a port
> listed by >gphoto2 --list-ports<, and make sure the spelling is correct.
> ***Error ('Unknown port')***
> Could you please tell me what I am doing wrong ? This is the very newest
> cvs...

this should be:

	/usr/local/bin/gphoto2  --camera "Olympus C-2040Z" --port usb: -L

make sure you put the colon on the end of the 'usb:' port.

shortcut: if you don't want to type the model every time, gphoto2 is smart
enough to use the first auto-detected camera on a specified port. this is
only supported on USB. your command line would become:

	/usr/local/bin/gphoto2 --port usb: -L

-=Scott