List:       gpgtools-users
Subject:    [gpgtools-users] Keyservers
From:       Steve <stevebell () gulli ! com>
Date:       2011-03-21 11:11:07

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi all,

the keyserver issue is known and we have some improvements in the works but that will \
take some more time. Keyservers have been somewhat unreliable since I started to \
participate in this project and maybe have been in the past. I'm not sure what's the \
best way to deal with that.

I created: https://github.com/GPGTools/GPGTools/wiki/Keyservers
Please report/add any broken (or working) keyservers, so we know what's the current \
state. This is far from perfect but maybe a first start to get an impression what the \
current situation is like. Feel free to expand this.

Or is there a site that already does this? Imo, we should find a way of working this \
out with the gnupg guys (maybe gpg4win as well) since working keyservers are key to \
the system we all use. And it should be in everybody's interest to workout a system \
which ideally automatically checks keyserver statuses ect. I'm thinking of e.g. \
http://sks-keyservers.net/status/ but that is only for this one cluster. If anybody \
has ideas or is willing to work on this raise your voice.

Cheers,
steve