List:       gpg4win-users-en
Subject:    [Gpg4win-users-en] headaches from gpg4win on Vista (more
From:       castellan2004-gpg () yahoo ! com (Subba Rao)
Date:       2007-08-26 21:23:51

While I tried to execute GPG from Vista command line, I got the following messages.

===========
C:\Users\Subbarao\Documents\gnupg>gpg --import secring.gpg
gpg: key 6A5F27E4: already in secret keyring
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:       secret keys read: 1
gpg:  secret keys unchanged: 1

C:\Users\Subbarao\Documents\gnupg>gpg --import pubring.gpg
gpg: key 2AF46039: "John Doe <john.doe at work.com>" not changed
Assertion failed: keyblock->pkt->pkttype == PKT_PUBLIC_KEY || keyblock->pkt->pkt
type == PKT_PUBLIC_SUBKEY, file /home/wk/src/gpg4win/build/gpg4win-1.1.2/src/pla
yground/build/gnupg-1.4.7/g10/getkey.c, line 439

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

C:\Users\Subbarao\Documents\gnupg>gpg --import trustdb.gpg
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0

C:\Users\Subbarao\Documents\gnupg>gpg --list-keys
gpg: checking the trustdb
Assertion failed: keyblock->pkt->pkttype == PKT_PUBLIC_KEY, file /home/wk/src/gp
g4win/build/gpg4win-1.1.2/src/playground/build/gnupg-1.4.7/g10/keyring.c, line 1
389

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

C:\Users\Subbarao\Documents\gnupg>
===========

Hope this information helps to solve some problems.

Regards,

Subbarao

Subba Rao <castellan2004-gpg at yahoo.com> wrote: I have used GPG for a longtime on \
Linux and Windows.  Few months ago I bought a Vista Ultimate laptop.  I cannot get \
GPG4WIN binaries to work.  After digging a bit on the Internet I found this forum and \
read an email posted by Glen "Report on Vista, Office 2007, Outlook 2007".  I have \
edited the registry and include the same paths as Glen did.   I have even went back \
to gpg4win version 1.0.9 to see if that will work.  I continue to get the same error \
messages.

Here is what I am getting when I try to start WinPT:
A message box "gpg.exe has stopped working" appears with the text,
"Windows is collecting more information about the problem.  This may take several \
minutes..."

The process ends with a last message box "Key Cache" which says "Internal Error."

GNU Privacy Assistant also throws the same message boxes but eventually the main \
dialog appears.  When I try to import the GPG keys, the "gpg.exe has  stopped \
working" message box starts to appear.

I would like to get gpg to work on Vista.  If someone could help me to get this \
utility to work that would be great.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Regards,

Subba Rao