List:       gpfsug-discuss
Subject:    [gpfsug-discuss] mmsysmon exception with pmcollector socket being absent
From:       Ragho Mahalingam <ragho.mahalingam+spectrumscaleug () pathai ! com>
Date:       2021-08-26 15:49:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

We've been working on setting up mmperfmon; after creating a new
configuration with the new collector on the same manager node, mmsysmon
keeps throwing exceptions.

  File "/usr/lpp/mmfs/lib/mmsysmon/container/PerfmonController.py", line
123, in _getDataFromZimonSocket
    sock.connect(SOCKET_PATH)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Tracing this a bit, it appears that SOCKET_PATH is
 /var/run/perfmon/pmcollector.socket and this unix domain socket is absent,
even though pmcollector has started and is running successfully.

Under what scenarios is pmcollector supposed to create this socket?  I
don't see any configuration for this in /opt/IBM/zimon/ZIMonCollector.cfg,
so I'm assuming the socket is automatically created when pmcollector starts.

Any thoughts on how to debug and resolve this?

Thanks, Ragu

--
*Disclaimer: This email and any corresponding attachments may contain
confidential information. If you're not the intended recipient, any