List:       gpa-dev
Subject:    Path hardcoded
From:       Bernhard Reiter <bernhard () intevation ! de>
Date:       2000-05-24 14:33:10

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 02:48:46PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On the other hand I cannot get gpa-0.3.0 to do anything useful
> under debian/i586. It tells me gnupg execution failed, still creates
> tiny windows and freezes if I want to open the public keyring.

The reason for this was:
just another item for the TODO list, the path of gpg seem to be
hardcoded in

	gpapaintern.c line 552:
		argv[i++] = "/usr/local/bin/gpg";

If you have a different path it should be treated more flexible.
(Make it a ./configure option and an gpa option in addition.
Warn if gpg is owned by a different user or is not in the default
place in the path or has been changed.)

	Bernhard
The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)