List:       gpa-dev
Subject:    Re: Is kmail/smime included in the current beta-release of KDE3.1 for Debian?
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-10-05 11:07:34

On Saturday 05 October 2002 12:13, Klaus Knopper wrote:
> Just a short question: Could anybody on the list tell me
> if the 3.1-beta2 packages on
> ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/kde-3.1-beta2/Debian/woody/i386/
> already have the s/mime enhanced kmail included?

Maybe yes, maybe no. The version of KMail which is included in the
3.1-beta2 packages supports S/MIME through a plugin. So the question is
whether this plugin is included. I doubt that this is the case since
the plugin is not part of KDE. It has to be build separately from about
six different tarballs (or better cvs checkouts) as mentioned on
http://www.gnupg.org/aegypten/development.en.html

> I was told that the version number 3.0.8 of these packages just means
> that they are an intermediate release, and basically consist of the
> stuff built from the current 3.1 sources.

Exactly.

> I would like to include a aegypten-enhanced version of KDE on the
> next Release of KNOPPIX, provided that the 3.1-beta is fairly stable
> enough to work with, withour frequent crashes. I know it's "beta".
> That does not mean it's unuseable yet, does it? ;-)

I'm using cvs HEAD since some time and so far it didn't crash on me. So
it's pretty usable.

Regards,
Ingo