List:       gpa-dev
Subject:    Re: =?iso-8859-1?q?=C4gypten=20web-site?= update
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <haeckel () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-13 16:03:29

On Saturday 13 October 2001 14:18, Matthias Kalle Dalheimer wrote:

> The LDAP functionality must be independent from the mail client used. It
> therefore can't use e.g. KIO slaves, because it wouldn't be really
> independent any longer (using some of the KDE libraries).

I know, we must take, what we get, but long term this means, that KDE needs a
different LDAP implementation.

Well, I made the suggestion to create a module that just translates between
the high level commands from the application and the low level commands of
the LDAP protocol and let the network traffic do a different module. AFAIK
OpenLDAP is also able to operate on a unix socket instead of a network socket
so this would theoretically possible.

Regards,
Michael Häckel