List:       gobolinux-users
Subject:    Re: [gobolinux-users] Compile replaces "_" with "."
From:       Jonas Karlsson <cj.karlsson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-06-15 14:15:48

2009/6/15 Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 10:25:35AM -0300, Lucas C. Villa Real wrote:
>
>> How did you invoke NewVersion? I couldn't reproduce it here.
>
> Just with:  NewVersion sqlite-tea 3.6.15
>
> It's NewVersion of size 7275 bytes, from May (Compile 1.2.13).
>
> You can easily reproduce the problem using my recipe for sqlite module
> for TCL:
>
> #v+
> compile_version=1.12.3
> url="http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite-3_6_14-tea.tar.gz"
> file_size=1103936
> file_md5=acc4218819c4fc620d96bb8409ff1164
> dir='sqlite-3_6_14-tea'
> recipe_type=configure
>
> configure_options=(
>  "--exec-prefix=$target"
> )
> #v-
>
> The recipe is for earlier version. After you'll copy this to
> /Files/Compile/LocalRecipes/sqlite-tea/3.6.14 subdir, just invoke NewVersion
> in the way, as shown above.
>
> The recipe then generated for newest version of sqlite-tea will be broken.

That's because there is no support for alternative version schemes,
beyond x.y.z, in NewVersion et al. Currently the periods are unescaped
and therefore match any character, in this case '_'. The correct way
to do NewVersion for projects that use an alternative versioning
scheme is to also provide the full url as a third argument.

--
/Jonas