List:       gobolinux-users
Subject:    [gobolinux-users] [OT] Re: SandboxInstall problems
From:       "Jonas Karlsson" <cj.karlsson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-11-27 11:29:28

2008/11/27 Zbigniew Baniewski <zb@ispid.com.pl>:
> On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 06:23:15AM +0100, Jonas Karlsson wrote:
>
>> > Does there exist any possibility to attract a little attention from the
>> > devs' side - the ones, that have created the flawed scripts - or one has
>> > just to accept the attitude: "We are very important and very, very busy
>> > developers, and you - little man - just don't bother"?
>> >
>> While being arrogant and rude is a guaranteed way to attract
>> attention, the attention is not of the good kind.
>
> Any word of (soft, indeed) critics calling "arrogance and rudeness"? Yes,
> kinda smart - just to "warn" everyone, how they will be treated, if they
> even try to whisper: "well, something's wrong, there's a need to fix it".
>
>> You are much less likely to get any help at all with that attitude.
>
> You mean: instead of no help - I'll get no help? Oh, yes: that's really
> a difference.

I haven't tried to not help you, but been very busy, as I know all
other devs are right now (those that I've talked to lately). I'm not
ignoring you by choice, just haven't had time to get back to you with
a well-grounded informative answer.
We're all just people who does this in our spare time and sometimes
work or real life needs attention, and then hobby projects like this
are put aside. Without commersial support you can't really expect to
get an answer in one-two days as you are doing now.

> BTW: you've proven already, that you are not willing to help at all
> (even, when I was asking for help _not_ for my personal needs), so I'm
> not surprised with your answer.

I did reply to you earlier with, what I believe was help (upgrade
Scripts and Compile) that I actually thought would solve your issue,
since the behaviour you expressed in your first mail was fixed with
latest version.

I have not been able to reproduce the behaviour you explained in later
emails. I *have* tried. I *have* spent time trying to reproduce the
behaviour, but as I haven't found a way to do it, and I actually have
no clue to why it happens to you I haven't replied, as I really can't
help you right now. I can't afford to spend a day or two to track down
a *non-fatal* bug and I was hoping that someone else had a clue.

>> Now Lucas is nice to reply with a mail that is helpful and you should
>> be thankful for getting a productive responce to a rude mail like
>> yours.
>
> Could we agree, that you _won't_ tell me, what and how should I do?
> Could we? Thanks.

Yes, we can, but only because I don't know how to help you, sorry.

>> > Since I'm new here I'm not sure, is it usual.
>>
>> No, it's not usual. Your attitude is quite new for this list, but
>> unfortunatly it's common on the Net in large.
>
> Just pay attention at the attitude of yours first - both "here and now",
> and off the list as well. Ignoring the mails with a short question, that
> doesn't need very long answer - that's what I'm calling arrogance of "very
> important developer".

The *one* off-list mail I have got from you I haven't had time to
answer either. You sent it five days ago and I was away over the
weekend, which gives me three days to answer it. As I said earlier
this is a hobby project and expect some delays in non system critical
emails. And no, I don't believe it was a short question that only
needed a short answer. If you want the short answer I can give it to
you here: "You should not automatically modify BootScripts."
Was that to your satisfaction, or do you trust me that I will answer
the mail with a better explanation when I have time?

--
/Jonas