List:       gobolinux-users
Subject:    Re: [gobolinux-users] I can't compile recipes which need Qt
From:       "Jonas Karlsson" <jonka750 () student ! liu ! se>
Date:       2008-09-08 15:49:40

2008/9/8 Zé Ricardo <zehzinho@gmail.com>:
> Hi, I just changed the QTDIR environment variable to point to the Qt 3
> dir and I could compile doxygen and kile, so everything is fine now.
>
> Is it the only way to do it or there is a more "goboish" way to do it?
> It would be nice if Compile could figure it out for the user.

The latest Qt3 recipe moves all header files into a "qt3" directory
inside include, so that they don't conflict with Qt4 headers.
Also binaries installed are suffixed with '-qt3', so that one can
easily separate them from qt4 binaries. Your issue comes from
./configure of doxygen and kile looks for "moc" and "uic", which are
general names for those binaries used by both Qt3 and Qt4. So to build
Qt3 based apps you have to have Qt3 as "Current" and vice versa. With
latest Qt3 you can instead change ./configure to look for "moc-qt3"
and "uic-qt3" instead.

--
/Jonas