List:       gobolinux-users
Subject:    Re: [gobolinux-users] Can Gobolinux be modified to function as a
From:       "Lucas C. Villa Real" <lucasvr () gobolinux ! org>
Date:       2008-03-19 4:25:31

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 10:44 PM, Xavian-Anderson Macpherson
<Shingoshi@comcast.net> wrote:

>  I want to provide a broad range of services. One of the more important is
> LTSP. I also want the system to be clustered. I need to be able to compile
> any source I want at any given time. Presently, I am providing Texlive.
> There are many development languages and libraries available in my current
> build. Among these are included many visualization tools.
>
>  This is a preconfigured system ready to run for research and development
> professionals. It is to be installed like a Gentoo stage4 tarball.

The Compile tool should work fine in such environment. For clustering,
however, you'll need to decide on which authentication scheme to use
and to manually configure that in Gobo. I used to manage a cluster at
the university based on NIS+/NFS with Gobo, and I can only remember
boot time mount commands failing due to the head node not being
available. I had to write a few scripts instead of relying in fstab
for network mounts, but it worked pretty well in the end.

--
Lucas