List:       gobolinux-users
Subject:    [gobolinux-users] New version of tools
From:       "Lucas C. Villa Real" <lucasvr () gobolinux ! org>
Date:       2008-01-29 7:05:27

Hello,

New versions of Scripts (2.8.3) and Compile (10.0.1) are out! Please
update your versions by running 'InstallPackage Scripts' and
'InstallPackage Compile'.

These new versions feature:
- Better integration with freedesktop.org's basedir specification
- Support for dynamic user/group creation in recipes and packages
- Fixes for left-over files in Python scripts
- Support for GIT in Compile
- Improvements in the infrastructure used by Manager, Scripts and Freshen
- Assorted bug fixes

Thanks to everyone who helped us by filing bug reports at
bugs.gobolinux.org. Please continue to use the bug tracker!

Follow below the full ChangeLog for these tools.

Cheers,
Lucas

### Compile ###

        * bin/PackRecipe: One more variant of the Temple Place GPL2
          license.

        * bin/Compile: Use $sudo_exec in scons install stage; Added
          'prefix' to scons_variables.

        * bin/MakeRecipe: Reintroduce $basefile, as it's expected to exist
          by the script (revision 1.39 mistakenly removed it).

        * bin/Compile: Not use negation in check so that we return true by
          default

        * bin/Compile: Deducting everything from $recipedir and $target.
          This should put a smile upon Jonas' face for the rest of the day.

        * bin/MakeRecipe: Create the Resources dir by default (should help
          newcomers to point them to the place where Dependencies should be
          filled).

        * bin/Compile: Ensuring that required users and groups are created
          before calling the install target of the recipe.

        * bin/: EditRecipe, PackRecipe: Make EDITOR errors more verbose
          after a number of questions about them recently.

        * bin/GetRecipe: Forgot {} around the variable expression

        * bin/Compile: Add option to not run PostInstall after installation

        * bin/GetRecipe: Remove trailing slash from the path

        * bin/PackRecipe: Make sure error code is returned on failure.

        * bin/Compile: Forgot to add the option 'install-separatly'

        * bin/Compile: Adding support for 'part_of'. Defining this in a
          recipe will make that recipe "insert" the application into the
          "containing" meta application

        * bin/RecipeLint: Added support for GIT.

        * bin/: Compile, FetchArchive: Finished adding initial support for
          GIT on Compile.

        * bin/: FetchArchive, MakeRecipe, NewVersion: Added support for
          GIT, which also happened to be bug #209 -- closed now.

        * bin/MakeRecipe: Specifying the directory where cvs/svn files will
          be fetched to; Adding quotes around cvs_server.

        * bin/Compile: Specifying make cmd using --make, as --command
          doesn't serve for that purposes.

        * bin/Compile: Propagate $make to SandboxInstall.

        * bin/RecipeLint: We should use the compatibility list for abstract
          dependency names such as "JRE"

### Scripts ###

        * bin/CreateRootlessEnvironment: Update version.

        * src/LinkOrExpandAll.c: Filtering out CVS directory names from
          conflicts in SymlinkProgram.

        * Functions/Requirements, bin/SymlinkProgram: Deducting everything
          from $recipedir and $target. This should put a smile upon Jonas'
          face for the rest of the day.

        * Functions/Requirements, bin/SymlinkProgram: reqfile needs to be
          passed as a parameter now that we parse it from both packages and
          recipes.

        * Functions/OptionParser: Handle more than 9 arguments

        * bin/ListProgramFiles: Probably more robust to get something and
          then check that for validity

        * bin/ListProgramFiles: Current link must exists. We can't return a
          missing or broken link

        * Functions/OptionParser: changed to bash built-in string handling
          as 'cut' could not handle when the argument to an option had '='
          in it as well

        * bin/GetAvailable, lib/python2.3/site-packages/PythonUtils.py: Add
          len() support to KeyInsensitiveDict, and fix
          GetAvailable(['installed']) to work with that.

        * lib/python2.3/site-packages/PythonUtils.py: Make in work for
          KeyInsensitiveDict

        * bin/CheckDependencies: Work properly when a recipe URL is passed
          in, and when no version is specified.

        * lib/python2.3/site-packages/PythonUtils.py: Add iterator support
          to KeyInsensitiveDict, and allow creating/updating from an
          iterable of 2-sequences like built-in dict.

        * lib/python2.3/site-packages/PythonUtils.py: Allow terminating
          consoleProgressHook with different string output, such as "done."
          or \\r. Defaults to \\n still.

        * bin/CheckDependencies: This output is really annoying for a
          console application. Is it necessary?

        * bin/CheckDependencies: Fixed caching of package matching a given
          rule.

        * bin/CheckDependencies: Caching find_matching_package results, to
          improve speed when calling CheckDependencies for multiple
          programs.

        * Functions/GoboLinux, Resources/Environment: It's possible that
          the target directories don't exist, so we try to create them
          first. Also add definition of XDG_CONFIG_DIRS and add $goboShared
          to XDG_DATA_DIRS. This together with the previous commit fixes
          bug #240

        * Functions/GoboLinux, Resources/Environment: Fixing better
          implementation of freedesktop.org's basedir specification. Now
          our base XDG_DATA directory is $goboVariable/xdg.

        * bin/Dependencies: Make Dependencies use 'All_Versions'

        * bin/AttachProgram: Changing AttachProgram to use the new function
          'All_Versions'

        * Functions/Versions: Expanding 'All_Versions' to optionally take a
          program prefix

        * bin/CheckDependants: Fixing better handling when trying to get
          which version to use

        * Functions/Versions: Added new function 'All_Versions' that
          returns all available versions excluding such as 'Variables'

        * Shared/zsh/zkbd-rxvt-pc-linux-gnu: Add rules for rxvt.

        * bin/TemplateScript: We removed EditScript a while ago, but this
          remained.  Removing it, to help cleaning up bin/ and tab
          completions.  It's easy to follow the mold from other scripts, no
          need for a dedicated template.

        * bin/RenameCaps: Removing one of the last few remnants of the days
          when Scripts used to my just my personal scripts collection.

        * Functions/Requirements, bin/SymlinkProgram: We can access
          Resources/Requirements from $package and $version alone.

        * Functions/Requirements, bin/SymlinkProgram: Added support for
          Resources/Requirements. Closes bugs #10 and #11.

        * bin/SandboxInstall: Cleaning .pyc/.pyo from the sandbox (catching
          both in the same place), as there's no way, now, to tell Python
          to disable the (re)generation of its .pyo files. This closes bugs
          #218 and #200.

        * bin/SandboxInstall: Introduced --make so that we can use other
          make variants. --command doesn't serve for that purposes.

        * Resources/Defaults/Settings/Scripts/CompatibilityList: Handle
          some other naming variations out there.

        * Resources/Defaults/Settings/Scripts/CompatibilityList: JDK works
          as a JRE

        * bin/CreateRootlessEnvironment: Adds Glibc and Xorg to
          Dependencies.blacklist when creating the Rootless environment.
          Closes bug #220.