List:       gobolinux-users
Subject:    Re: [gobolinux-users] =?utf-8?q?Network_nor_present_after_reboot?=
From:       pp_o2 <pp_o2 () o2 ! pl>
Date:       2007-02-27 15:01:55

On Monday February 26, 2007 13:44, Jonas Karlsson wrote:
> 2007/2/26, pp_o2 <pp_o2@o2.pl>:
> > 1) BTW. Why Tasks are NOT symlinked via Current subdirectory? Apart from
> > what I said the scripts use two different ways to do so. Vide @GoboHide
> > and @LoadModules for example. Such inconsistency would lead to more
> > problems and additional works in future development of GboLinux. In
> > theory at least .
>
> I really can't follow you here. SymlinkProgram (which is runned both
> by Compile, if that's used, and InstallPackage, when that's used)
> should update the links for the tasks and make them point to the same
> file as in the Current directory.
Hi,
OK. I would agree with you but I'd make the links my way. BTW. Did you look
into the symlinks? You would see what I had on mind if you did.

> > 3) I also checked the kernel modules. There were two of them - 8139too
> > and 8139cp. As I've remembered the "too" was the correct one (from other
> > Linux distros) I've blacklisted "cp" version. Nothing changed. I got the
> > same behavior > and the same messaages. Of course network link gets up
> > after setting it manually in known way.
>
> Blacklisting a module only has effect if you reboot your machine.

I'm not that fresh. :-) When I wrote "I've blacklisted "cp" version. Nothing
changed." I ment "then reboot" between. My fault. I'll try be more precise in
a future.

> > 4) IMHO the number of network files in GoboLinux is too big. Or
> > __decidedly__ they should be kept in one directory. Perhaps you should
> > use the famous symlinks so pervasive in GoboLinux as a last resort. I can
> > read/write bash files but jumping from one to another in two or three
> > terminal windows (with mc to double the windows number) is tiresome.
>
> There are only one network file that should be needing user editing
> and that's /System/Settings/NetworkOptions. The Task files should not
> be edited. If they're not working a bug report should be filed.

But of course! Until something goes wrong like in this example. Distro has to
be "friendly" both to end users and "problem solvers". So I do think. :-)

Regards,
Przemysław Pawełczyk

> > P.S.
> > I beg your pardon writting to you here but my direct e-mails from my
> > "proper" address to gobolinux-users and other main developers are being
> > returned. Probably my address is blacklisted somewhere in the Net.
> (...)
> Are you sure that you are subscribed to the mailing lists with your
> "proper" address? The list are set so only subscribers can post to
> them.

Yes I'm sure. Seems I didn't express myself clear.

First I subscribed with my pp@kv.net.pl address and it is the asddress that is
being return. I run it from my E-mail client. In other words I e-mail to
gobo-list from behind NAT server.

Then I subscribed with pp_o2@o2.pl address which I use from within WWW email
service. Which servers are directly connected to the Internet, nor via NAT
server.

And my NAT server is blacklisted on many Blacklist Servers. Is it clear now
that I cannot use my e-mail client but I am coerce to use external WWW e-mail
server?