List:       gobolinux-users
Subject:    [gobolinux-users] Re: PPC port
From:       rafael () tteng ! com ! br (Rafael Guterres Jeffman)
Date:       2006-07-11 16:40:51

Hisham Muhammad wrote:

> Yes, the motivation for a PPC desktop distro is greatly diminished
> (even though this still interests me personally as my personal machine
> is a G4). But PPC is still interesting as an embedded platform.

... and for "Linux on old machines" (which is a common use).

My G3 probably won't accept the next Mac OS, and I'll have to either use
an older version, or put Linux on it.

I use Linux on many "legacy machines" (7-10 year old). It's cheap (and
silent, and "cold") way to store lots of data on the home network.

-- Rafael