List:       gobolinux-devel
Subject:    [gobolinux-devel] FireFox vs. LibTrash
From:       Andreas =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6hler?= <andi5.py () gmx ! net>
Date:       2008-09-08 14:02:44

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

a few weeks ago I upgraded my FireFox installation to version 3.0.1
using the default store's recipe.  It compiled just fine, but firefox
did not start up at all, hanging in a futex call very early.  I read
about problems with libaoss, but there was no such library on my system.
After some fiddling with the recipe I had a working firefox installation
again, the important bit probably was to disable jemalloc support.

Today I realized that what made firefox fail was the preloading of
libtrash.so.  So running firefox via "LD_PRELOAD=3D firefox" or removing
libtrash completely (I did that), makes firefox start up as usual.  I
just wanted to drop this information in case someone else is wondering
as well.

Reading the firefox recipe, I also think that the code in post_install()
should rather belong to pre_link(), right?  The firefox png link has
been created inside /P/Ff/3.0.1, but not symlinked in /S/L/S.

Ciao,
-- andi5