List:       gobolinux-devel
Subject:    Re: [gobolinux-devel] *****SPAM***** Re: [Gobolinux-recipes] Recipe
From:       Jonatan Liljedahl <lijon () kymatica ! com>
Date:       2007-02-20 17:13:47

...snip...
> My question is why not allow recipes to distribute
> binary-only software? Gobo's recipes are a perfect way
> to "distribute" proprietary software without running
> into problems with redistributing the executable. Most
> of them need to run makefiles, do the symlinking, etc.
> same as the source code versions, they just skip the
> actual compile step.

Exactly, I was just thinking about this when I installed my nvidia
drivers the other day... Why not have an nvidia recipe instead of the
InstallNvidia script? Then it would just be "Compile nvidia" and the
binary would be fetched and installed as simpel as with any other app!

--
/Jonatan    -=( http://kymatica.com )=-