List:       gnuradio-discuss
Subject:    set_tag_propagation_policy(gr.TPP_DONT) stops block from working?
From:       Jorge Artavia <jorgeart_17 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2024-03-25 1:27:24

When I set TPP_DONT in a sync block (python block), I am not able to get th=
e signal downstream in the next block (output_items is indeed getting the d=
ata from input_items proved with a simple print, but I don't get them in th=
e next block a time sink).

All the information I've found about TPP_DONT says it just stops tags from =
being propagated, so If I just make a python block that copies the input to=
 the output (sync block) it should do it without the tags.
I know this is the same as "Tag Gate" block but I am just doing the first s=
teps to get into the things I want to do: (change key and value of tags, tr=
ansmitting tags only from one port or only to one port)

I am wondering if my setup is wrong and I need to use the general_work and =
the basic block even if I want a sync transmission just because of TPP_DONT=
.
I am kind of new in gnuradio and I only use the flow graph and the python b=
locks, going into C++ code is a bit more confusing for me right now.