List:       gnuradio-discuss
Subject:    RE: LDPC Decoder block API change
From:       Dave Miller <dave.todd.miller () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-07-26 1:58:50

Jeff,

I have implemented a GNU Radio OOT block for a CCSDS rate 1/2 LDPC Decoder.
I did not even try to use the current GNU Radio In-Tree LDPC decoder block
because others have noted that the In-Tree LDPC decoder has issues:

  1. I used the MIT AFF3CT C++ library as noted on my OOT site for the
decoder on github: gr-aff3ct_codes
             - An AFF3CT library approach for a LDPC decoder was also noted
by Daniel Estevez (gr-satellites) in his Orion/Moon Link analyses/articles
in late CY2022.
  2. The AFF3CT C++ library may open up many other decoder options also for
GNU Radio decoders.
  3. However, I did use the GNU Radio In-Tree LDPC Encoder Block for my
CCSDS Rate 1/2 LDPC Encoder.

Regards,
Dave Miller