List:       gnuradio-discuss
Subject:    [Discuss-gnuradio] Using a Trigger Event to Process Subset of Samples in the Data Stream
From:       Mark Gannet <mgannet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-01-23 17:23:30

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello,

I'm using a channel on an x310 to sample the analog receiver on a radar
system and store the data continuously on a host PC running CentOS 7.  The
other channel on the x310 is used to collect timing signals (like a
transmit trigger signal) via the GPIO header on a basic Rx daughterboard
(with a modified FPGA load)

I'd like to delay a fixed amount of time (say 2 ms) from the trigger signal
on the GPIO to process a subset (about 100 us) of the receive signal and
calculate RMS power during that interval.  I'd like to do this on the Host
PC and stream out the result as a UDP message.

My question is this:  What is my best bet in manipulating the data stream
from the USRP block so that I can calculate the RMS power in that window of
time delayed from the trigger?  Stream to vector?  Signal probe vector
(I've read these are slow)?  ZeroMQ?

Thanks,
Mark