List:       gnuradio-discuss
Subject:    [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC18] Final evaluations are over!
From:       "Wunsch, Felix (CEL)" <felix.wunsch () kit ! edu>
Date:       2018-08-23 12:06:03

Hi all,

GSoC is over and it's time to summarize what has happened over the summer! =
The most important part first: Both students passed the final evaluations! =
Congratulations, Swapnil and Luca!

I think I can speak for the other mentors, too, when I say that they didn't=
 just pass, but really exceeded our expectations! We enjoyed the mentoring,=
 hopefully as much as they enjoyed the coding. Swapnil has greatly refactor=
ed and enhanced gr-modtool, which will benefit so many developers in the GN=
U Radio community in their day-to-day work. Luca has added state-of-the-art=
 MIMO techniques to the code base, helping GNU Radio to stay a modern and u=
p-to-date framework for the rapid prototyping and implementation of today's=
 (and tomorrow's) waveforms.

If you want to get more information about the details of the projects, you =
can read Swapnil's and Luca's blogs [0], [1]. Swapnil will also attend the =
GNU Radio conference in Henderson this September and give a talk about his =
work. So if you're there and use gr-modtool, make sure to talk to him!

Finally, I also want to thank all the people involved in this year's GSoC, =
especially the other mentors (Marcus, Sebastian, and Nicolas) and Martin (w=
ho assisted me with his experience as org admin from past years), but also =
all the other people who were involved with creating project ideas, reviewi=
ng proposals and everything else I might not think of right now.

Swapnil and Luca, you both have made considerable contributions to bring th=
e GNU Radio project forward and I really hope you enjoyed the experience an=
d will stay around our community for a long time!

Cheers,

Felix (GSoC 2018 Org Admin)

[0] https://grmodtool.wordpress.com/

[1] https://mimognuradio.wordpress.com<https://mimognuradio.wordpress.com/>=