List:       gnuradio-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FPGA code generation using gnu radio
From:       Marcus_Müller <mueller () kit ! edu>
Date:       2017-10-26 16:08:07

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/alternative)]

Dear Atif,

no, not directly. GNU Radio is software, FPGAs are hardware.

Generally, how do you expect us to answer such quite frankly obviously
immensely broad questions? It's always better to ask a precise question
that describes the problem (and that: exactly), then to ask about
something large without any background info.

So, for a good question, you'd give:

  * Problem statement, as exact as possible. That might be something like
     > I need to transfer data using avian carriers. My colleagues have
    worked with pidgeons, but my hobby/thesis/job consists of porting
    their approach to eagles. However, my eagles constantly try to chew
    off the letters from the holder attached to their ankle.
  * Approach description, including your reasoning:
     > I'd like to try making these letters taste as much as hobbits, as
    research by [Tolkien1937] shows that eagles do not eat Hobbit.
  * Question, including explaining what you've researched so far, so
    that people don't explain things you already know:
     > My attempts to find hobbits have been hampered by the fact that
    they only occur naturally in Middle-earth, and very rarely in the
    Undying Lands. However, I've figured that you can assume that the
    taste of hobbits is dominated by their hairy feet. Thus, I'd like to
    ask: Where can I hire hairy-footed people to walk on my documents?

What /you/ are asking instead is:

 > Dear Pidgeon Breeder's mailing list, did anyone find hairy-footed
people, and can give me a guide to do so?

Which feels underexplained, absurd, at least partially off-topic and
underresearched.

I think you can do better!

Best regards,
Marcus