List:       gnuradio-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] reg calculation of BER/SNR using gnuradio UHD
From:       "Marcus D. Leech" <mleech () ripnet ! com>
Date:       2011-09-27 22:30:00

On 09/27/2011 06:12 PM, shantharam balasubramanian wrote:
> Hi
>
> When I run it in USRP1 nodes, I don't get the error as before, that
> says it cannot find USRP1.
USRP1s didn't require any "wire format" or firmware/FPGA changes to
support UHD, so both "classic" and "UHD" programs will work,
   with USRP1s provided that the daughtercard in use is "pre-UHD".
Development of the "classic" branch was frozen quite some time ago, so
   any cards that are "new" won't work in anything but the UHD environment.

> But the benchmark_tx program says "Failed to tune to center
> frequency". I then tried to send it in 2 MHZ and also in 2 GHZ
> frequency, but it still doesn't work.

What daughtercard are you using?

What rev of Gnu Radio are you using?  I strongly suggest always trying
to run with some quite current.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator