List:       gnuradio-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 unable to receive signal at RX-B
From:       Josh Blum <josh () joshknows ! com>
Date:       2010-08-28 18:24:01

On 08/28/2010 10:38 AM, Cheaw Wen Guey wrote:
> Thanks Josh.
>
> Found that line of code.
>
> Following your advice, I have tried both methods you mentioned and have
> run into problems for both.
>
> For the first one, I have followed the install instructions for microblaze
> toolkit given on the gnuradio wiki and after setting the path, I tried to
> configure. usrp2-firwmare failed and the reason that wwas showned was that
> they failed to detect mb tools.

Try running mb-gcc from the command line first. See if you can do:
mb-gcc --help

Once that works, you run the commands (configure.gnu -- not configure --
weird I know...):

cd usrp2/firmware
./bootstrap
./configure.gnu
make

Since you are building FPGA images (I assume you have a copy of ISE),
then you may just want to use the mb-gcc that comes with Xilinx EDK.

> I then tried to install UHD and I managed to copy the firmware and FPGA
> configuration into the card and I managed to verify by pinging the USRP2.

good

> I am however unable to run any of the cpp files even as root as permission
> is denied.

Why are you trying to execute c++ files?

-Josh