List:       gnuradio-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ARM9?
From:       Sylvain Munaut <tnt () 246tNt ! com>
Date:       2009-11-27 19:26:37

> The only part of GNU Radio we are using is libusrp, but GNU Radio's
> "kitchen sink" dependencies mean that we have to build all kinds of
> other crazy stuff to get that, stuff that we do not actually use.
> (Seems to be a common theme here...)

I just tried a ./configure --prefix=/opt/gnuradio-min
--disable-all-components --enable-omnithread --enable-usrp

and that yielded a pretty small install with just libusrp, gr-omnithread
(needed for libusrp apparently) and a few python module allowing libusrp
access from python. Total less ~ 4.5Mo including the usrp FW files and
the headers ...

If you compile on a dev target, that should be trivial. (you do need
boost tough, hopefully debian has a pkg for that).

If otoh you want to cross compile that should work too, they do it for
the ps3 with some minor hacks that could be adapted.

     Sylvain