List:       gnuplot-info-beta
Subject:    Re: Uli Gruenebaum's filledboxes patches revisited
From:       Hans-Bernhard Broeker <broeker () physik ! rwth-aachen ! de>
Date:       2001-08-27 15:18:32

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Hans-Bernhard Broeker wrote:

> #if USE_ULIG_FILLEDBOXES
> #if USE_ULIG_RELATIVE_BOXWIDTH
> #if USE_ULIG_TERMSORTING
>
> So: did anyone else look into this, or has some opinion he wants to voice
> before I commit this?

Essentially no reaction at all for a week... I took that as affirmative
and so went forth and committed the patchset (along with a staggering 215
lines of ChangeLog entries I wrote down about it).

This patchset introduces two new 'configure' options:

  --enable-filledboxes    enable filledboxes style (EXPERIMENTAL)
  --enable-relative-boxwidth    enable relative_boxwidths (EXPERIMENTAL)

They both default to off, since I guess nobody besides me and Uli himself
ever even looked at these patches, let alone actually tried to compile
them on any of the "other" platforms. If you don't enable either of them,
just about the whole set of changes will be commented out. The main
exceptions are the documentation hunks about these new options (can't
#ifdef out part of gnuplot.doc) and the new features added to fig.trm.

The only part I did leave out for now is the Windows implementation of the
filledboxes feature.  I dislike the way Uli did that too much to accept
it.  I'll rather reimplement it from scratch.

So it's time for everybody to start playing with this, now.

Have fun with it.