List:       gnuplot-info-beta
Subject:    Re: Buggy PSLatex interaction with Postscript terminal
From:       Hans-Bernhard Broeker <broeker () physik ! rwth-aachen ! de>
Date:       2001-08-21 13:56:30

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Jonathan Thornburg wrote:

> So (apart from the backwards-compatability concerns discussed below)
> I'd be delighted to see the coupling broken, i.e. to see epsf-vs-not-epsf
> output format be specifyable orthogonally from other postscript options.

I was not meaning to imply that we should make the uncoupled version of
this visible at the user interface --- that's a separate issue.

> How could we avoid breaking backward compatability this way?

The obvious way would be to provide an override option for the size alone,
i.e.:

	set term post eps

would still be half as large and in portrait orientation, compared to

	set term post

but if you want it in normal size, you could use

	set term post eps normalsize
or	set term post bigeps

or something like that.