List:       gnuplot-info-beta
Subject:    fix demos after 'set view ,,,<zrange>' change
From:       Hans-Bernhard Broeker <broeker () physik ! rwth-aachen ! de>
Date:       1999-06-09 15:40:18

Hello, everyone

Lars pointed out that my posted change to graph3d.c didn't work out
well with some of the demos.

That was to be expected, partly, but it's annoying, nevertheless.  So I
went in and adapted the demos to the new working of 'set view'.  See
attached fix for contours.dem, singulr.dem, surface2.dem and world.dem.

During the course of this, it turned out that my new implementation does,
actually, work mainly the same way round as the original one (no inversion
of the operation). But that was because the old hack had yet one more
nasty twist in it than I had originally thought it had.

Basically, it only ever did something useful because 3D plots without
hidden3d do not respect a pre-set zrange, at all, except for scaling
purposes. In particular, there is no z clipping performed on non-hidden3d
splots.