List:       gnuplot-info-beta
Subject:    pointsize (was: Re: Gnuplot and PSTRICKS)
From:       Lars Hecking <lhecking () nmrc ! ucc ! ie>
Date:       1999-06-01 18:24:51

[redirected from bug-gnuplot)

> > \psset{dotsize=9pt 0}
> > in the pstricks files and the graph appears correctly in the
> > postscript file after "latex test.tex", dvips blablabla...
> [...]
> > BTW, changing pointsize do not change the command \psset{dotsize=.01}
> > in the original test.pstricks file, so it seem's to be not treated
> > by the gnuplot pstricks driver.
>
>  Yep, I found that too.
>
>  I'm quite unfamiliar with pstricks, but I'll attempt to fix it.
>  Of course, if someone sent a patch I'd be grateful for reducing
>  my workload :)

 Well, I seem unable to do it :-(

 What I want to do: use the global 'pointsize' variable as scaling factor
 in '\psset{dotsize=9pt factor}', but it doesn't (and cannot) work because
 the term_apply_lp_properties() function is only run after the preamble
 was written in PSTRICKS_graphics (*term->graphics)(). Looking at the code,
 it seems that not too many drivers actually implement pointsize scaling.

 Any ideas? Am I completely on the wrong track?