List:       gnuplot-info-beta
Subject:    Re: [gp3.6beta] Symbols and coloured keys and such
From:       "Stefan A. Deutscher" <stefand () ferrari ! lcam ! u-psud ! fr>
Date:       1998-07-02 19:04:44

> Stefan Deutscher wrote:
>
> > > I suspect it would not be terribly difficult to add a "titleonly" option;
> > > maybe I'll have some time later this week.  But it won't be in 3.7 :-)
> >
> > Great news. So be it in 3.7a98pl421 :-)
>
> That's probably a bit too soon -- maybe 3.7a98pl1423.

Hey! Gettin' lazy over there, hm?? :-)

> > > Have you tried [point-types] #70-75 ??
> > Yes. Just now (on pl338 still with the eps enhanced terminal) and I get
> > translucent symbols:
> >
> >   70 +
> >   71 x
> >   72 *
> >   73 hollow box
> >   74 black filled box
> >   75 hollow circle
> >
> > No clue why this is happening.
>
> Probably because the patch that adds #70-75 wasn't added in until 347 ...

That sounds like, well, like a sound explanation. I'll try that one
then. Thanks!

> > By the way, another one ... could the colours of the key _text_ be set
> > to black again (optionally perhaps)?  When using the colour postscript
> > terminal one can get great plots, and I am glad the key lines / points
> > are in the same colours as the data, but the key description, I'd rather
> > have in black like the rest of the figure labelling.
> >
> > Any ideas or opinions?
>
> I agree.
>
> Stefan, can you please stop coming up with things for me to do?  Every
> now and then my boss actually likes me to do something for him ...

Tell me about it. Normally I find all these things when ever my boss
actually likes me to do something for him :-)

> (I hope you can visualize my tongue in my cheek as I write this -- my boss
> is a big fan of gnuplot.  Now if I can just teach him to use the on-line
> help instead of calling me every time he has a question.)

 Cheers!  Stefan

Stefan A. Deutscher                       | (+33-(0)1)   voice      fax
Laboratoire des Collisions Atomiques et   | LCAM :  6915-7699  6915-7671
Mol\'{e}culaires (LCAM), B\^{a}timent 351 | home :  5624-0992  5624-0992
Universit\'{e} de Paris-Sud               | email:  sad@utk.edu
91405 Orsay Cedex, France (Europe)        |         (forwarded to France)