List:       gnuplot-info-beta
Subject:    Bool (was: Any issues that would hold up release of 4.6.1?)
From:       Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-09-18 9:21:33

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 1:08 AM, Ethan A Merritt wrote:

> Is anyone aware of an unresolved bug or other reason to hold off
> release of version 4.6.1?  If not, I will probably package it up
> for release next weekend.

Definitions of BOOL are still problematic (and configuration is broken
on Solaris, older Macs, ...).

Citing:

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Paul Eggert wrote:
> On 08/30/2012 06:27 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> > what would you use as a replacement for this chunk of
> > code in gnuplot then until a C++-specific test in autoconf tools is
> > written?
>
> I'd use the latest gnulib version of stdbool.in.h which I just
> checked in a few hours ago.

The link to that version is here:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=blob;f=lib/stdbool.in.h;h=1261936ae8fa33e76fb9986389c077a748058f5a;hb=HEAD

Link to bug tracker:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3562307&group_id=2055&atid=302055
(with my "simplified" patch proposal)

(But one could try to patch the trunk first. The bug manifests only in
not-so-mainstream systems, but the patch affects everyone. Having some
extra time to make sure that no other systems are broken could help.)

Mojca