List:       gnuplot-info-beta
Subject:    Re: Citation of gnuplot in a scientific publication
From:       Ethan Merritt <merritt () u ! washington ! edu>
Date:       2011-06-08 2:50:12

On Tuesday, June 07, 2011 06:05:40 pm Clark Gaylord wrote:
> I have always felt the gnuplot.info name should be canonical. It points
to sf for v4 and vt for v6 and is much more portable.

But what is it that one is citing, exactly?

The source is not (so far as I know) available on gnuplot.info,
So if the idea is to cite the location of the program source, then *ˇinfo
may not be the correct URL.

If the idea is to cite the manual, say, then that's another issue.
Perhaps we should register the manual with a repository that would
issue a permanent DOI.  arXiv.org?

	Ethan