List:       gnuplot-info-beta
Subject:    Re: makefile.mgw : name of c complier for pgnuplot
From:       Tatsuro MATSUOKA <tmacchant3 () yahoo ! co ! jp>
Date:       2009-02-12 10:45:54

Hello

--- Petr Mikulik wrote:

> Why are the advantages of this "Dragon" MinGW fork compared to MinGW? I
> couldn't find this info on its web.

I do not know in details. However, Benjamin Linder uses this gcc-4.3.0-TDM for octave-mingw.
The candidate release of gcc-4.3.0 on MINGW includes some mispackaging so that manual corrections are
required to use.
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Octave---Fortran-continued-p21222084.html
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Octave---Fortran-continued-p21249982.html

For my experience on cygwin, the gcc-4.3.2 is better than gcc-4.3.0.
(My own build)
So that I thought that gcc-4.3.2 is better to use.

The latest candidate release of mingw in the official site is still gcc-4.3.0.
However, the latest release of TDM is gcc-4.4.0-sjlj.

>From my experience, the binaries built by gcc-4.3.2-TDM are faster than those of gcc-4.3.0 even the
same optimizing option.  In addtion,  gcc-4.3.2-TDM produces more stable binaries than those prodeced
by gcc-4.3.0-TDM.

All I told from my experiences. I do not know any technical reasons.

Regards

Tatsuro

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/