List:       gnuplot-info-beta
Subject:    Announcing: A Book on Gnuplot!
From:       "Philipp K. Janert" <janert () ieee ! org>
Date:       2008-02-19 4:47:20

I would like to announce:

	Gnuplot in Action
	Manning Publications (Fall 2008)
	250 pages, USD 34.99 (paperback)
	www.manning.com/janert

This book is intended to be the first truly
comprehensive tutorial introduction to
gnuplot, and a guide to its power features
and advanced applications.

The first part of this book is now available as
early release directly from the publisher at:
	www.manning.com/janert

The printed book will be in the stores (including
Amazon) later this year.

You will find more information, including a
full table of contents on the publisher's
site, and on my (the author's) site at:
	http://www.principal-value.com/my-book.php

Here are some highlights:
- Graphics Export Made Easy
- Using Gnuplot and LaTeX
- Getting Timeseries Just Right
- Color and Palettes
- Gnuplot for the Web
- Topical Options Reference
... and much more

A word about the author: I have been using
Gnuplot for years and it is one of the three
or four indispensable tools in my toolbox.
In this book, I have tried to condense my
experience using this tool, in a format that
makes it accessible even to people who don't
have a Math/Physics background and have
never used Gnuplot before.

VERY IMPORTANT: While I am finishing up the
manuscript, I am very interested to hear
feedback, questions, suggestions about the
book so far. Please email me directly, or post
a comment to Manning's Author Forum.

I am looking forward to your comments.

Best,

		Ph.