List:       gnuplot-info-beta
Subject:    Re: strange behaviour of lc
From:       "Mojca Miklavec" <mojca.miklavec.lists () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-02-17 21:43:12

On 2/17/07, Hans-Bernhard Bröker wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure if this is a bug or my misunderstanding of how "lc" is
> > supposed to work.
>
>   > I get different colors of lines on the first and the second plot. (The
> > second plot uses colors from a palette rather than from linetype).
>
> This is an interaction between 'lc' and hidden3d's default option state
> "offset 1".  That option makes hidden3d mode use different linetypes for
> the front and back side of a surface.  Which means that the back side
> colour cannot be controlled by 'lc'.
>
> OTOH: if you didn't want a change of colours, why use 'lc'?

There was "lt 3", but the lines were dashed. Yes, I know that I could
ask the terminal to plot all the lines as "solid", but I have tried
"lt 1 lc 3" instead, which works in most other cases, but produced
strange results in this particular case.

I thought that lt 1 lc 3 should create a solid line with the same
color as if I would select lt 3.

But I don't know much about 3D plots in gnuplot anyway, so I might
have been mistaken.

Mojca