List:       gnuplot-info-beta
Subject:    Re: btw.: did you (the wxterminal developers) compile with gcc -Wall ?
From:       Timothée Lecomte <timothee.lecomte () ens ! fr>
Date:       2006-06-20 21:46:13

Dr. Johannes Zellner wrote:> On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 01:08:16AM +0200, Timothée \
Lecomte wrote:>   >> Dr. Johannes Zellner wrote:>>     >>> I get some warnings and \
just wanted to report this ...>>>>>>  >>>       >> Good remark. I don't because I \
would like it to be done automatically, >> and I don't know to do that.>>>> (I know \
export CFLAGS="-Wall" but it has to be done on each terminal >> session, it's \
annoying)>>     >> I'd really, really recommend setting this by default (in your> \
~/.profile), not just for gnuplot, but for any project development using> gcc. In the \
last years I found again and again that (collegues) could> have saved a lot of time \
(and trouble) if they would have used -Wall.> Just a very strong recommendation. As \
I've it by default, I see also> warnings as it was just the case for gnuplot.>   Ok, \
thanks for your advice. By the way, I don't see the warnings Ethan has just reported \
in wxt.trm and gp_cairo.c . Why ? Is -Wall dependant on the compiler (mine is gcc \
4.0.3) ? Do you use other -Wsomething, Ethan ? Timothée