List:       gnuplot-info-beta
Subject:    Povray terminal
From:       Gaël Varoquaux <varoquau () clipper ! ens ! fr>
Date:       2005-01-17 12:48:39

   Hello,

  I know this is a crazy idea, but I was wondering if there where plans to build
a    povray terminal that would allow gnuplot to produce povray files (just like
it can produce tex file).

   I think this would really be fantastique, gnuplot could then act as a common
data processing and displaying interface. This would be very convenient for the
user (only one language to learn), and this would allow other scientific
applications (such as Maxima) to use povray through gnuplot.

   This probably involves a fair about of work but I think in would increase the
scope a gnuplot by a large amount, hopefully pushing many scientific
applications to have a gnuplot output.

      Regards,

               Gaël Varoquaux

PS : I allready sent a similar message to mailing list but it did not appear on
the archive, so I am trying again