List:       gnuplot-info-beta
Subject:    Re: Necessary Libraries
From:       Harald Harders <h.harders () tu-bs ! de>
Date:       2004-03-09 16:12:46

> > Thank you all for your answers. But shouldn't we really prepare a file
> > requirements.txt or a section Requirements in the README where all
> > needed third-party libraries are listed?
>
> Yes, but not in README.  This belongs into INSTALL.

You are right of course.

> They already are
> listed there, but not in all the necessary detail, and the text is
> outdated, and that's where it belongs.  INSTALL is where people building
> the program from sources are supposed to look --- README is for users, not
> builders.

Yes, the library names can be found there. But the information is well
hidden. I think it could be worth adding a section "Third-party libraries"
where all eventually needed libraries are listed with a link to the part
where is written how to switch on and off parts of gnuplot.

> > PS: I have tried to avoid all Umlauts. I hope this mail will be sent as it
> > is, now.
>
> It works.

Okay, then I will try that as workaround in future.

Yours
Harald

--
Harald Harders                           Langer Kamp 8
Technische Universitaet Braunschweig     D-38106 Braunschweig