List:       gnuplot-info-beta
Subject:    Re: fit.c on SGI
From:       Hans-Bernhard Broeker <broeker () physik ! rwth-aachen ! de>
Date:       2002-08-26 10:46:52

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Petr Mikulik wrote:

> A user has reported me the enclosed problem, using cvs sources. Does
> somebody have a solution?
>
> *****
>
> I encountered a problem (both on SGI IRIX 6.5 and Linux 2.4.28-3) compiling
> the fit.c code. It stumbles on the following:
>
> fit.c: In function `Dblfn':
> fit.c:1627: parse error before "va_dcl"

That points to some problem with the existence of VA_START macros, or the
way 'configure' checks for them --- line 1627 should *never* be compiled
on any modern platform.  Such breakage can be caused by broken
installations of gcc, among other things.  I'd need to see more of the
context.  In the case of Linux, the kernel version number is probably
useless --- glibc and GCC versions are much more likely to affect this.