List:       gnuplot-info-beta
Subject:    Re: Cygwin/Xfree86 can not configure
From:       Hans-Bernhard Broeker <broeker () physik ! rwth-aachen ! de>
Date:       2001-11-14 13:52:49

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, William D. Kirby wrote:

> I reported this problem before, but got no reply.

Didn't? That's strange. I'm almost certain I did answer that one...

> I get an error message after creating config.h as follows
> ./config.status: can not create src/@AMDEP@ : error 17

> However, the directory @AMDEP@ was created.

It's not supposed to create such a directory.  This is a consequence of
not running the "prepare" script before running configure.  That's needed
to re-create the files generated by automake and autoconf in correct
timestamp order.

You may have to be careful what version of automake and autoconf you have.
My recommendation is automake 1.4-p5 with autoconf-2.13.  Later versions
may or may not break our autoconf setup by incompatibility.