List:       gnuplot-info-beta
Subject:    Re: Time to do 3.8h ?
From:       holmberg () tiac ! net
Date:       2001-09-28 8:17:22

Hans,

>Until then: if you want a plotting system that only works fully in

>PostScript mode --- you know where to find GLE, right? :-)

My reply had nothing to do with wanting a postscript-only plotting system.

I was replying to a joking swipe at external conversions as if there was no
added value besides the resulting format itself.  Sometimes external
conversions are necessary to gain otherwise unavailable formatting features.
I think gnuplot is great, and was trying to add some real-life context to the
external conversion (GIF) vs. native support thread:  External conversion
might be necessary for some applications even IF native support were present.

Regards,

Carl