List:       gnuplot-info-beta
Subject:    Bugs & docs
From:       Alexander Mai <st002279 () HRzpUB ! tu-darmstadt ! DE>
Date:       2001-09-20 14:42:30

We should drop the section bugs of the gnuplot.doc file.
It's a manual/reference after all and not README or "BUGS" file.

One needs to check which entries are still valid, the section
"old bugs" could be removed completly IMHO.

WRT the docs:
it turns out that it's easy to assign a label to each keyword in
doc2tex output, but one has to use a suitable TeX package to
get the internal/external links done (found some time ...
and noticed, of course that my earlier comments were not
always precise).
Unfortunately I'm not familiar with any of those.
Also one has to address the '^' HTML external links by some
explicit parsing code, so that things could be done for PDF.

--
Alexander Mai
st002279@hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de