List:       gnuplot-info
Subject:    RE: PROBLEM
From:       "crawford" <crawford () arete ! com>
Date:       2000-11-30 21:14:43

On Thursday, November 30, 2000 Sergio Merino wrote:

> Is possible save the image which result of a plot?
> I don't know how do it? (I want save the image not code)
> Could you help me?

There are two commands that govern gnuplot's output:  "set terminal" tells
gnuplot what kind of output to create (PostScript commands, Windows
commands, LaserJet commands, etc) and "set output" tells it where to send
the commands (to a file, a monitor, or a printer).  You need a compatible
pair of settings -- you can send XWindows commands to your printer, but it
probably won't work . . .

"set terminal" by itself (no options) tells gnuplot to print out a list of
the gnuplot terminals installed on your computer.

So, for example, if your default terminal is "x11", you might do the
following:

plot x                    # the plot shows up on your monitor
set terminal postscript
set output 'plot.ps'
replot                    # a PostScript copy of your plot is stored in
"plot.ps"
set terminal x11
set output                # return to your default terminal for further work

Dick Crawford, aka crawford@arete.com

 - -
[[[[ to unsubscribe from info-gnuplot, send an email with body
unsubscribe info-gnuplot
to majordomo@dartmouth.edu
]]]]