List:       gnuplot-info
Subject:    Re: Plotting filled boxes
From:       Johannes Zellner <johannes () zellner ! org>
Date:       2000-11-07 23:20:48

On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 05:23:40PM -0500, Marillier, Allan wrote:
> I'm sure I've seen this question asked many months ago, but
> I don't remember the reply, and have not yet found anything
> in the docs - so please excuse me if this is documented
> somewhere.
>
> I need to plot with boxes and create a .PNG file, but I want filled
> (solid color) boxes. Empty boxes are easy - are filled boxes currently
> possible?

no. But we're not really far away from this. In the latest
development version, there exist already drivers which can
do `filled polygons':

    OS/2 Presentation Manager, X11, Linux VGA, GGI, Win,
    PostScript, pslatex, pstex, epslatex, GIF, Fig, tgif

there's no user interface as `with fboxes' yet, but I guess
it's just a matter of someone coding the stuff (it's easy).
Alas, I've no time for this.

--
   Johannes
 - -