List:       gnuplot-info
Subject:    Re: gnuplot plot
From:       "Dick Crawford" <crawford () arete ! com>
Date:       2000-05-19 22:23:08

On Friday, May 19, 2000 Raja Mazumder <raja@ib3.gmu.edu>  wrote:

> Could you please send me the command line that I need to type at the
> unix prompt to get a plot?
>
> My text file looks like this.
> x y
> 1 95
> 4 50
> 5 6
>

> This is the error that I am getting when I type the follwing
>
> gunuplot> plot 'filename' using 1:2, 'f2' using 1:2
>
> can't open data file
>          (No such file or directory)

There is nothing wrong with the "plot" command.  The error means that
gnuplot couldn't find one of the data files -- it doesn't say which of
'filename' or 'f2' it can't find.  Do both files reside in the working
directory from which you launched gnuplot?

Dick Crawford, aka crawford@arete.com

 - -
[[[[ to unsubscribe from info-gnuplot, send an email with body
unsubscribe info-gnuplot
to majordomo@dartmouth.edu
]]]]